CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy birthday Camstar!

Cam is considered my lucky charm for yesterday! It was his birthday and he is the cutest son EVER! I'm very happy he is part of our family and his awesome birthday brought great news!

Dr Dodson and I spoke last night. Yes, I was waiting on pins and needles all day. I finally had to make myself eat around 2pm because I was so amped up that food sounded disgusting. I stayed positive for the most part but this whole thing has been a weird experience for me emotionally. I have never had a hard time being happy. I enjoy life and people a lot so this roller coaster I've been on for the last 7 weeks has been filled with ups and downs I didn't know existed in my emotional range. Yesterday was hard because I freaking just sat here and watched tv. I'm recovering still so it's not like I could go to work or exercise to distract myself. So crap man, I just sat with my thoughts all day. Like I said, positive for the most part, but the creepies came in. I found I had to use anger to push them out! I was mad at this thing yesterday. I had to remind myself why I wouldn't let it get to me. All the people that I want to be around and enjoy, things I still want to see and experience, physically how I want to feel, all these things that mean so much to me! So yeah, I just made myself mad at it and that really seemed to do the trick for me, helped me from going crazy.

I had tumors in both ovaries, one in my pelvic area, and one in my abdominal wall. All of these were removed with the surgery. All of the biopsies that were taken came back clear which is AWESOME! You know, doctors are amazing people. I am so grateful they know how to do what they do. I told Dr Dodson that I sure appreciated him, but it didn't seem like enough. I am grateful to be one of his patients because he is awesome at what he does. So now I will meet with the chemo oncologist(Dr Whisenat) to find out what he determines will be my best path to take. The chemo is to destroy anything microscopic and to prevent it from coming back. I know everyone is very interested in whether or not I NEED the chemo. I do if I want to go to every length to make sure this doesn't come back. I'm young, I need to buy myself at least 50 more years and at least 50 more trips to Hawaii with my cute hubby! :)

Thanks for all the well wishes! All of the sweet people around me, cheering for me! You all will never know what you've done for my attitude and morale! Thank you a million times over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment